Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hey from BA

Quick notes about Buenos Aires:
1. This is the hardest keyboard I have ever had to use. Good thing James shitty laptop helped me not to use quotation marks, I don{t understand how here. Also no at sign makes it hard to log into the facebook and the question mark is in a crazy spot.
2. It is only like 60 degrees outside, which is colder than Rio (I know right who am I going on vacation somewhere cold), but the people here are big fat babies and wear down jackets and coats with fur and mittens and scarves and rub their hands together like it is frigid. Also EVERYBODY EVERYBODY is in boots and all I have is flipflops which induce stares galore.
3. I went to the best restaurant of my life. For $50 pesos which is like maybe $17 you get unlimited bread fries, fully stocked buffet, and meat meat meat many kinds of meat, dessert, and your own bottle of wine.
4. Nights out here don{t start until about 2am. We went to this really hilarious club where everyone had really dumb jagged hipster haircuts and wore sunglasses and danced jerkily. The place itself was ENORMOUS three huge rooms four bars and a huge outside area with beds (like remember that Sex and the City episode where they go to Bed the bar and Carrie tells whats his names friends that he was bad in bed? that one?)
5. I am in a really good hostel. The guy at the computer next to me just gave me m and ms and everybody is friendly and they arrange so many things for the young folks. Also, the way to get in the door is with your FINGERPRINT how cool is that? Like your computer, Pieh!

Tomorrow I am going on a bike tour maybe or seeing the grave of Evita. IT IS UP IN THE AIR!

I had my last day of work this morning and cried on the taxi on the way out of the favela. I will blog about it tomorrow when I have more time and can load pictures maybe. I am going to miss those kids like crazy.

Night darlings, I am going to go join the singalong downstairs (maybe they will play Closing Time?)

1 comment:

Leah! said...

FOLLOW UP: they did not play closing time, but they did play save tonight.